We are excited to announce that registration is now open for our ‘Applied Stormwater Management’ workshops. Interactive presentations will be given by local and national experts with extensive knowledge and practical experience with stormwater management.
The workshops will provide information, resources and opportunities to discuss topics such as:
- Impacts of stormwater including flooding, infrastructure damage and reduction of water quality
- Stormwater policy, regulations and initiatives in Nova Scotia and elsewhere in Canada
- Innovative stormwater BMPs for existing and new developments
- Site assessment methodology to guide on-site BMP implementation
The workshop dates and locations are as follows. Please click on the location to register online.
- February 20th-21st - Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS. Includes a half day field trip.
- February 22nd - Isaiah W. WilsonPublic Library, Digby, NS
- February 23rd – Rockwood ParkInterpretive Centre, Saint John, NB
These workshops are hosted by the Ecology Action Centre, Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM) Environment and Energy Office, Halifax Water, Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC) and the Bay of Fundy Ecosystem Partnership (BoFEP). Enrollment is limited, so sign up quickly!